What is Full Stack Development?
In the modern world, if we talk about professional versatility, there’s no one better than a Full Stack Developer to represent the term “versatile.” Well-versed in both frontend and backend web development, Full Stack Developers are the multi-talented professionals that every company and brand covers.
Full-stack development: It refers to the development of both the front end(client-side) and back end (server-side) portions of a web application.
Full-stack web Developers: Full-stack web developers can design complete web applications and websites. They work on the frontend, backend, database, and debugging of web applications or websites.
What is a Full Stack Development professional?
A full-stack development professional is having sound technical knowledge of each aspect of development – front end, back end, various operating systems among other details of the technology. These people are usually termed as “developer generalists”. The significant thing to be noted here is that full-stack developers should not be confused with senior developers.
In nutshell, this stack of developers can create any complex application from scratch, provided they would have understood how each technical layer should interact with the other.
● The full-stack development is used in the project demanding multiple technologies and a great user experience.
● The choice of the right set of technology can create an overwhelming application, where graphics and animation are also among the required skills for the full stack developer for creating the engaging frontend.
● A full-stack developer works with multiple technologies and software tools.
Why full-stack development?
1. Creation of unique code: The developer or the agency would be able to create a unique code for multiple technologies; as they could work with various kinds of software tools that are complex as well as simple. This would give an extra edge to the company or organization opting for full-stack development.
2. Multiple technologies for wonderful user experience: A full-stack development professional would be proficient in numerous programs like JS, HTML, PHP, CSS, etc. among many others. H/she would be proficient to work with all these programs and incorporate them well into the site design. It would be an add-on to the capabilities of the full-stack developer if he/she knows how to work with animation and graphics. Some professionals would also be able to convert complex Photoshop designs to front-end code. This will reduce the dependency of the organization on various technical professionals, thereby, enhancing their business efficiency.
This is the entry gate for web development. The only language browser understands has gone to a large change. HTML and CSS are the basic building block for developing websites.
This was earlier known as the client-side script language and now it has become the strong powerful part of the front-end development. Every year some new framework comes into the market making the front end more engaging and powerful. The knowledge of other JS frameworks such as Angular JS and React JS is an add-on for developers.
Apart from front-end development, the stronghold over the backend programming is also necessary. This allows handling the business logic in a better way and making operations over the data.
SQL Server, MySQL, etc are few databases that a full-stack developer must know.
Although, the database is no more a requirement; instead, it is the compulsory demand for dynamic applications. Gaining expertise over any of the famous databases gives an edge.
The knowledge of networks also empowers development efforts. HTTP lets users, servers communicate, and REST provides interoperability between the internet and the system.
Version and configuration management is an essential feature required for stack development. The GIT version control system helps to ensure and note down the changes in the application.
● They Are All-Rounder:
● They Help Reduce Time And Cost:
Full-stack developers help keep every part of the web application running smoothly. They can help team members solve any issue and greatly reduce infrastructure, personnel, and management costs. As they possess the know-how of numerous technologies/frameworks, they can fix issues quickly and deliver rapidly.
● They Help Deliver Faster:
Hiring a full-stack developer reduces the number of persons required to develop an application. Hence, the communication time between team members will also decrease. In bigger teams, they know how to effectively communicate with frontend and backend developers, greatly saving time and cost. This will result in a faster time-to-market of an application.
● Suitable For Startups And Small Teams:
Full-stack developers for startups and small teams will be proven lucrative as startups require faster prototyping in less time and within a stipulated budget. Collaborative work, innovative thinking, and knowledge of various technologies and approaches make them agile, self-organized, efficient, and excellent assets to the company.
● Jack Of All, Master Of None: If there is a requirement to deep dive to solve any issue or need expert advice, full-stack developers might not deliver the best. Nonetheless, years of experience and constant learning can make them proud over time.
● Overload Of Tasks: It depends on organizational structure and majorly on an individual’s capability to complete the tasks. While dependency on the full-stack developer is comparatively higher, sometimes it is difficult to manage and pay equal attention to the number of projects simultaneously.
Full-stack developers have to play more than one role in web development processes. From architecting user requirements to front-end, back-end, and database management, they need to obtain broader perspectives for usability, accessibility, and quality of the system.
They must possess:
● At least one server-side programming language like Java, Python, PHP, Ruby, and so on
● Database management and caching mechanism
● Server and configuration management
● Version control systems
● Basic UI/UX design
● Project management skills
● Security awareness
● Agile development approach
Knowledge of DevOps, automated tests and modern development architecture like microservices, containerization, and container-orchestration can be the icing on the cake. Upcoming years will see a notable rise in full-stack development as they are known for their capability to build end-to-end systems.
There are decent varieties of areas where a full-stack developer works and gains experience. Since he/she needs to deal with everything from the earliest starting point to the finish of a web application, the developer ought to get his/her hands dirty with top-level nodes first and then dig deeper. The more you learn, the grounded and more valuable you become to your organization.
Full-stack web development would involve creating complex web and mobile applications from start to end. In short, full-stack developers are technical wizards who can work anywhere in the stack – who can develop, code, design, manage databases, even sing and dance!
As a full-stack developer, you may be involved in the following activities:
● Translate user requirements into the overall architecture and implementation of new systems
● Manage Project and coordinate with the Client
● Write backend code in Ruby, Python, Java, PHP languages
● Understand, create and debug database related queries
● Create test code to validate the application against client requirements.
● Monitor the performance of web applications & infrastructure
● Troubleshooting web application with a fast and accurate resolution
Full Stack Web Development is an ushering technology gradually unfolding innovation. Concisely, this process involves three layers – Presentation, Business Logic, and Database. A full-stack developer takes care of the steps from the conception of an idea to the actual finished product. Many big companies are hiring full-stack developers to meet their project demands.
We at Insight International bring you closer to the Full Stack Developers, to achieve your dream project. Gain more trust and value by visiting our website www.insightinc.co.uk or contact us at 44(0)-7587901161; +44(0)2074171712.