The aim of customer service information systems is mainly to satisfy customer requirements or manage customer complaints.
●The success of an organization depends on how it knows its customerneeds, trends, behaviors and satisfaction level. Effective communication made possible by information technology is the best tool to understand customer demands, problems and theirsolutions.
●Information technology makes it possible for organizations to communicate with millions of potential and existing customers. Information technologies are through which customers and organizations interact without 12 going through the sun or therain.
●Some of these channels include e-mail, social media, webinar, online newsletter, and multimedia messaging through the Smartphone. Enterprise organizations normally use customer relation management systems tokeep valuable data for understanding customer behavior and futureneeds.
Some of the ways to retain the customers:
Customer retention is far less expensive than customer acquisition: On average, it costs approximately five times more to attract a new customer to your business than it costs to retain an existing customer. That logic on its own should highlight the importance of providing excellent customer service. Why risk losing a customer? It’s costly enough to locate new customers in the first place, and every business should do whatever it takes to ensure they stay happy and continue doing business withthem.
Knowledge management: This should be considered table stakes when it comes to service. It allows IT to maintain expertise and domain knowledge even when an expert transitions off the team. Information Technology problems frustrate internal and external customers and impact their productivity, their ability to sell and serve their customers, and their ability to perform their jobs effectively.
2. Existing customers are more likely to buy for you than newcustomers: Aside from simply trying to retain your existing customers for the sake of it being less expensive to do so, it’s important to note that selling anything to anyone new is also far lesslikely.
3. You’re more likely to retain your customers for longer: Even when it comes to ancillary services, consumers are more willing to work with a business that they’ve had a great experience with before than to findsomeone new. When you offer a great customer service experience, your customers are far more likely to stick around and use your business any chance the momentarises.
4. Great customer service results in a reduction of overall problems: By treating your customers like gold, you are sure to reduce the overallproblems associated with your business, sales and the potential for any legal issues that might arise. Treat your customers poorly, and you can almost be certain that you’ll run into problems at one point or another. And those problems can oftentimes lead to the ominous and untimely demise of yourbusiness.
5. Word-of-mouth advertising is the best kind of advertising that money can’t buy: People are considerably more likely to listen to the advice of a friend than they are to heed the guidance from some online review or advertisement. Whether you’re trying to make money online or offline,great customer service will create an army of raving fans that will champion your business foryou.
6. Excellent customer service improves public persona and strengthens your brand: If you’re interested in public perception, your reputation or the strength of your brand, you absolutely have to ensure a high quality of customer service. Not only does this result in positive reviews, but it helpsto solidify you in the minds of anyone searching for your type of products, services orinformation.
7. It conveys strong moral values and beliefs in the company’s mission: It’s transcending the necessity for profits by focusing on building its tribe. It also means that there are greater forces at work here than mere profits. It’s indicative of a deeper desire to build something of value, to help others, and to somehow, in some way or another, change the world a bit by doingso.
8. It improves employee turnover in your business: Employees pay careful attention to how a company treats its customers. That resonates powerfully with people. When they see an employer treating their customers like gold, it delivers a sense of endowment, making them proud to be part of the team and making them more willing to stick around. When employees, on the other hand, are taught to undercut and discount customers for whatever reason, it does quite theopposite.
9. Great customer service opens doors for new partnerships and other opportunities: Treating your customers like gold is infectious. It opens the doors for new partnerships, especially when other businesses see just how well you take care of your existing customers. It says a lot about acompany and what they value when they care deeply about their customers. It’s something that you rarely find in business these days, but it most certainly paves the way for powerful partnerships, collaborations and other opportunities.
10. It elongates the life of any business: When you ignore the needs of your customers, and you don’t focus on going out of your way for them, you’re cutting short the potential for longevity in business. With so manyobligations and responsibilities, if you’re serious about your business, you have to focus on the core — your customers.
The shift of focus from service as a transactional process to a relational process between the customer and the service provider urges researchers to understand customer value perception from the perspective of ongoing social interactions between customers and service providers.
However, the conceptualization of service as an intangible product and service quality as customers’ appraisal of transacted services only captures a subset of the service provision process.
Conducting assessments and taking action based on the results enables Information Technology management to be proactive rather than reactive to customers and the problems they are experiencing.
IT customer surveys help to eliminate recurring and other problems and enable Information Technology to anticipate and address problems before they become significant. This reduces the number of service incidents, reducing the number of in-house and/or outsourced people required to provide customer service.
Insight International helps you retain your customers. Gain more trust and value by visiting our website www.insightinc.co.ukor contact us at 44(0)-7587901161;